In April the State Archives presented a session on government records management at the Auditor of State’s annual Ohio Local Government Officials Conference held in Columbus. Approximately 45 officials from townships, municipalities, and counties attended the session.
Also this past month the State Archives hosted the spring meeting of CARMA, the County Archivists and Records Managers Association of Ohio. The primary purpose of the association is to provide a forum for professional discussion and information sharing among county records professionals in Ohio. Attendees discussed records management issues, viewed a presentation on managing social media, and learned about opportunities to share their Civil War collections during the Sesquicentennial.
The following record series have been added to the Ohio Historical Society’s Online Collection Catalog:
• State Archives Series 7381: Franklin County. Auditor. Budget Commission Minutes, 1932-1991.
• State Archives Series 7383: Attorney General. Program for the Swearing-In Ceremony for Michael DeWine, 2011.
• State Archives Series 7384: Washington Township (Franklin County). Poor Relief Records, 1938.
• State Archives Series 7385: Washington Township (Franklin County). Poll Books and Tally Sheets, 1927-1929.
• State Archives Series 7392: Washington Township (Franklin County). Criminal Docket, 1948-1952.